- Department News
Terry Furey and Praveen Sethupathy coauthor a Perspective in Science
The Perspective is entitled "Genetics Driving Epigenetics."
Dr. Norman Sharpless appointed director of UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
Dr. Sharpless succeeds H. Shelton “Shelley” Earp, MD, as center director effective January 1, 2014.
Samir Kelada and Praveen Sethupathy Coauthor New Article in PLoS Pathogens
In collaboration with groups at three other institutions, they identified different miRNAs that are critical "regulatory hubs" in the immune response to the parasites Leishmania major and Schistosoma mansoni.
- Upcoming Events
- G&MB Friday Seminar Series - CANCELLED 3/14/14 Mar 14, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — MBRB G202
- G&MB Tuesday Student Seminars Mar 18, 2014 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM — Pagano Room, LCCC
- Jeffrey L. Houpt Lectures in Genome Sciences - Lior Pachter Mar 19, 2014 03:00 PM - 04:00 PM — MBRB G202
- Jeffrey L. Houpt Lectures in Genome Sciences - Nicolas Katsanis Mar 21, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — MBRB G202
- G&MB Tuesday Student Seminars Mar 25, 2014 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM — Pagano Room, LCCC
- Department Highlight
The Department of Genetics ranked 4th in the nation in its field for NIH research funding in 2013.